yes, midnight. what am i doing up you ask? is the baby crying, needing to be tended to? noooooo. nope. just me. i can't sleep. went to bed at 8:30 i was so exhausted, shane woke me up when he came to bed at 9:30 (we really live it up on friday nights around here), mae woke me at 10:00 for a feed and then i just couldn't get comfortable, couldn't stop thinking about a million things and finally, just decided to get up and have a warm cup of milk and honey. now for the random:
• there are far too many markets happening in melbourne this weekend. magnolia square is on in brighton, sisters market in brunswick where you can visit dana, shannon and the mixtape girls, melbourne design market when you can visit the ink & spindle ladies, and the baby & kids market is in camberwell on sunday. i had every intention of visiting each of these markets but in reality, i doubt that i'll even get to one.
• mae and i made an attempt to go to magnolia square today but then i dragged her all the way to mentone for a couple of op shops and carmels fabrics first and she'd had enough after that so we came home. carmels fabrics was pretty good though... i don't know if it was worth the drive over there from my western home but i'd drop in again if i was in the neighbourhood.
• i really miss darn cheap fabrics in newport. and it's driving me crazy that they still have that location listed on their website even though it's been closed for almost 6 months. i got an email from them today and it was even on that. come on, people. oh, they're having a december sale, by the way, that's what the email was about, starts tomorrow. oh wait, TODAY. later today.
• and speaking of newport and fabric, the little quilting shop there is closing down, too. they didn't have much of a final sale but they are having a "garage sale" of remnants and fixtures and things later today, too. 9am to 1pm, i think. it's on melbourne rd, right around the corner from where darn cheap fabrics USED TO BE.
• oh wait, i just clicked on the location image on the darn cheap fabrics website (which still shows newport) and the enlarged image shows a shop on greville street in prahran?? wha? when did that open? don't you think that should warrant an email to your mailing list, of which i am part. they are really irritating me. especially when they told me the new store would be in south melbourne which is closer to my house.
• uuummmmmm. yeah, still wide awake. here's a picture of baxy:
it kind of bugs me because the colours are all wrong, in real life that blanket is a deep olive, and bax is much darker but what evs. he's cute. and soak up all the faux wood paneling that you can from this image because it's coming down early next year, my friends. the whole room is coming down actually and won't that be fun? let's not think about that right now. let's just go read some blogs, wait for mae to wake up for her next meal (yep, still waking up every three hours. all night long. fun.) and then go to bed. night night.