Sunday, 12 August 2007
well, hi there! i've been tagged by kirsten to do ye olde eight things meme that just keeps going around and around. (wasn't it seven things? and then five? who makes up these rules?) anyway, it's been awhile so what the hell, here's some random facts about me...
1. i sing a lot. like, pretty much at regular intervals through out the day. and not real songs, just random thoughts or requests or questions that i apply various tunes to, like "emm-a-lee, this stupid layout isn't work-ing!" sung in a bad rock ballad sort of way. yep. luckily, shane sings a lot too and sometimes it's like a jazz hands style musical around our place.
2. when i was 10 i took a cartooning course (as in, how to draw cartoons). i think i wanted to draw archie comics, i was obsessed with the double digests. anyway, turns out i'm not much of a drawer (not a word, i know), despite the fact that i majored in graphic design & ILLUSTRATION. oh well. can't win 'em all.
3. the above self portrait was taken in the gold coast a few weeks ago. i took quite a few as a lovely national magazine contacted me about using some of my blog material for a feature and asked for a pic to go along with it. hmm, haven't actually heard from them since i sent a few portrait options, might have scared them away...
4. i'm a planner. a big planner. a thinker aheaderer. (loving my made up words today). i'm heading to toronto this weekend and have already planned out my snack and viewing options for the plane, what magazines i'm going to buy at the airport, my plans for sunday (yay, sarah and tony and cheese popcorn and beer and vids!) and my required fruit and veggie grocery shopping for sunday evening to prepare for the work week ahead (ie. to keep me from existing off cheese popcorn and beer while i'm there).
5. as abbreviatedly mentioned above, i have a long standing love of video games, even though i don't have a console now. shane and i debated getting various machines for years but with moving back and forth betwen canada and australia, it just wasn't practical. and now we have too many other hobbies to have enough time for vids to justify the cost. but i grew up on hours and hours of bubble bobble and various mario bros adventures, the legend of zelda got me through design school and i became quite skilled at twisted metal, nitrous oxide and mortal kombat in my 20s.
6. also as mentioned in no. 5, i love cheese popcorn. Smartfood white cheddar cheese popcorn, to be exact. when my best buddy, leigh and i lived in vancouver together there was very rarely a night where a large bag of smartfood wasn't open and waiting on the coffee table. if i didn't bring some home, she did. sometimes we both brought a bag home and if both of us counted on the other to pick it up and both came home empty handed, there was always 7-11 ten meters away. aw, good times, smartfood and buffy on a tuesday night.
7. i recently joined facebook and am so loving catching up with my buddies and family on the other side of the world. it's just as addictive as i was told it would be so if you haven't joined yet, beware!
8. i grew up in edmonton, home of the largest mall in the world. who cares about the amusement park, waterslides, mini golf and olympic sized ice rink - we're talking forever 21, h & m, zara and urban outfitters along with over 700 other shopping delights. i'm spending a week in edmonton following my toronto stay and bringing along an empty suitcase for the spoils, my friends.
okay, i don't normally pass these memes on but emily is being a bit of a smart ass today so tag, you're it.